Darwin Kart Hire is predominately and outdoor activity and at the directive of NT Government are able to operate under the New Normal guidelines. We have developed our new procedures to best ensure the health and safety of our Customers and Staff. Please read the steps below, have patience, be courteous and maintain social distancing so we can all enjoy being out and about.
|If you have a cough or cold or any breathing difficulties please do not come in|
- In our reception area and spectator, area there is limited seating at tables only people who live together can share a table, other chairs can be moved about but are to be a minimum 1.5 metres apart. Cold drinks and pre packaged snacks will still be available for purchase.
- Maximum 10 customers in reception registration area at one time. If your group size is larger than 10 allow additional time to process the driver registration.
- We will separate bookings to reduce the number of people at out facility at any one time
- Please do not arrive without first calling for available times, if you do arrive unscheduled we will do our best to fit you in however depending on how many others are at the facility you may have to wait in the car park for other groups to finish up and depart.
- Please observe the Blue Separation lines in front of the counter this line is a guide to maintain minimum separation between customers and Staff
- Helmets: We have with best advice developed a Safety helmet cleaning process to ensure you only wear a helmet that has been properly cleaned and dried. Our helmets will only be used once each day, sanitised, and dried overnight. Please read the posted Helmet Sanitisation Procedure if you want more information.
What to expect on arrival:
- Have one person from your group check that DKH is ready for your group before all entering reception area once.
- Come into the reception area maximum 10 customers at any one time please maintain appropriate separation.
- You will be given an indemnity form to fill out, these forms will be available outside as well to complete before entering. Pens will be disinfected after each use, please place used pens in the containers provided.
- Once complete you will be asked to come to the counter to pay for your session, please do not crowd and stay behind the Blue Line. We will accept cash but prefer payment with card.
- Once paid move back and allow next customer come to the counter, if you have loose items in your pockets there are security lockers available, place your stuff in a locker and put key in safe pocket. The locker and key treated with disinfectant after each use.
- Once all your group have paid you will be issued with a Helmet and Hair Net as you exit the reception area.
- Once outside if desired you can find additional helmet sanitisation products and paper towels if you wish to treat your helmet again. Please ensure used cleaning products are place in bins provided.
- Next you will be allocated a kart number and directed into the Pit Area where you can stand next to your
- A safety Brief will be conducted and then you can fit your helmet, staff will check your helmet is fastened if you don’t know how to correctly fasten your helmet our staff will demonstrate, parents should ensure their children’s helmets are correctly fastened.
- Sit in your kart seat belt on, staff will give a final instruction on operating the kart and assist any who have a question
- When your session is complete leave your helmet on until you get back into the reception area find a location and take off your helmet (or leave it on until your next session if desired )
- If you have completed your sessions place your helmet back onto the cleaning / recycling shelves and depart the reception area
- Until the social distancing restrictions are lifted can you please vacate the reception and spectator areas to allow others to come in
If we all do our bit and maintain correct social separation we can continue to get out and enjoying ourselves